- Sanskrit Chants used during Yoga class For the words (in sanskrit and with transliteration, so you can try sing them), plus a translation into english so you can understand the concepts and intention see link to this page on my blog.
- Sun Salutation Instructions – online – Can’t recommend this site enough – for a Brilliant demonstration of the Surya Namaskar, using animation, please check this wonderful website!!! www.abc-of-yoga.com
- To stay on organic farms and pay your way with Karma Yoga, register with the Woofers – (Worldwide Workers on Organic Farms) – they provide a contact mechanism to put those who can work and travel, in contact with those who are trying to make eco-friendly farms work, with usually too little money and not enough hands. Its great work if you have a month or more to take out of your normal world, and you meet some AMAZING people.
- Verdenergia Pacifica : a Permaculture farm which is also creating a massive forest reserve on previously over-pastured land, exchanging some work for accomodation (there is a charge for food per day) and meeting a fantastic group of people, so come visit my Other home – in Costa Rica – VerdEnergia near Lanas (South West of S I hope to be teaching Permaculture and leading or hosting retreats there from 2015.
- Kriya Yoga is taught by my favourite American Swami, Swamiji Bodhichidanandaji – he has an ashram where dedcated students can visit for training, in the Himalayas near Rishikesh, and teaches in Europe every year. Find Swamiji on Facebook for a great introduction to his thinking :
- To learn about Yoga Therapy training with the Yoga Campus in London, see their website here. This training replaces that provided by the Biomedical Trust in London. Alternatively, there are Masters degrees in Yoga Therapy in Bangalore and Varanasi Universities. To understand a little about the quality/philosophy of the Yoga Therapy training, here is Marc Beuvain, a key member of the faculty, speaking on “What is Yoga”
- Yoga Ananda health and Wellness yoga centre – my most recent yoga studio project – Yoga Ananda centre in Reigate, Surrey, UK which is now being run by the lovely Leon Deith and Dhanashri -yoga, all kinds of lovely therapy and art gallery as well as a Yoga Teacher’s training with Dhanashri. Such an absolutely beautiful building with lots of light, lots of prana, please join for a class if you’re in the area, first class is free, or watch out for one of their many special programs or weekend meditation courses
- Find out what courses are being held at my favourite yoga and spiritualism school in Portugal, Quinta Da Calma – run by the AMAZING Sylta Kalmbach. Yoga, so many styles and practises of spiritualism, shamanism, nutrition, all kinds of therapy, massage and training for all these for practitioners too. Check the timetable here
- International Website for Sivananda Yoga Centre’s Worldwide My yoga home – having studied in the Sivananda Ashrams in India, and started at the Yoga Centre in Putney, London. I highly recommend this style of yoga, whether you are close to a Centre (find Sivananda Yoga studios, International SYVC ashrams or Centres near you on their website) or ask if local teachers can show you this style, is great for beginners and intermediates equally – and it can provide you with a memorable structure for a practise to repeat at home.
– Youtube Videos of Sivananda Classes
- Eileen Caddy’s Wisdom and Inspiration – I’m a huge fan of sustainable, spiritual community building – its what I plan to do with the rest of my life!! Eileen Caddy is one of the founders of Findhorn, an incredible community in the North of Scotland that has deeply inspired me. She was blessed with very regular messages from Spirit, which she shared in a number of books, one of the best is her “Daily Readings” which you can get from Findhorn press. You can read today’s message here, or you can subscribe to get a weekly message which I find very inspirational, and always Incredibly Appropriate – eerily so!
- For dates of the Hindu Fasting days in 2009, and an explanation of Ekadashi (fasting), see this Hindu website
- The website of the amazing Machaelle Small Wright – author of “Behaving as if the God in All Life Mattered” – founder of the amazing nature garden Perelandra, where they try to work in concert with nature as much as feasible. And it works. Try their essences, to balance your energies and get back into contact with your balanced self.